You already know I’m an event photographer and wedding photographer – that’s why you’re here. But there are 100’s of photographers out there, so why pick me?
I’m a mother of a 2 adult children and wife of 25+ years. The family wouldn’t be complete without the zoo – 4 cats, 2 dogs, a ball python, a blue-tongued skink, a variety of fresh & saltwater fish, and the longest living hermit crabs ever! The cats and dogs are all rescues along with a few of the fish and some of the hermit crabs. Without the support of the family, following my dream wouldn’t be possible.
I’m a natural born people person – my mother would say I could get the life history of someone in record time. I have 30 years’ experience in customer service industries. Heck, I worked a Help Desk and was an ‘Escalation Manager’ where service challenges were sent when others couldn’t resolve them. I’m described as “easy to work with”, cool, calm & collected, a problem solver, and have a great sense of humour which can usually diffuse tension in no time at all. Shyness is not my thing! I go with the flow and if somebody wants to make bunny ears in a wedding photo because that’s who they are, then who am I to stop them?! Someone once said to me as a wedding photographer, ‘wow, you’re a lot of fun’. It’s your special day. I sure hope we can have fun.
Photography is my passion. I’m not doing this because it’s ‘just a job’ – I traded 8 hours of ‘day job’ for 12+ hours of running my own business! I’m doing it because standing behind the camera is one of the things I love most. I thrive on being part of the emotion and energy of a special day.
I started with a focus on scenery. Most of us drive by beauty every day and don’t see it. I see and appreciate beauty in everything. A bumper sticker along the lines of ‘photographer on board – this vehicle makes unexpected stops’ would be apt. Just because there are no leaves on the trees, there’s snow on the ground, or it’s raining, doesn’t mean your photos can’t be beautiful. You’re the focus – the background is there to enhance your own beauty. I work with what Mother Nature has given us. My images are real & natural.
Event photography came about when I was given a media pass to World Skills 2009 and asked to capture everything from blank canvas to motorcycles leaping through hoops of fire. I was hooked! Calgary has an incredible event industry. I spent 4 years as part of the official Globalfest photography team. Guest speakers, politicians, royalty, cool entertainers, blazing fireworks, happy couples, grateful guests, educators, philanthropists and some incredible behind-the-scenes work to pull events and weddings together, all grace my extensive portfolio.
Intrigued… let’s get together and chat. An old-fashioned phone call is a great starting point, but maybe we could do coffee, tea, or start with an email… Click here!
- 2018 Winner – Canadian Special Event Industry – Best Event Photography – $98,000 Dream Wedding
- 2018 Winner – Calgary Event Awards – Outstanding Supplier, Photography & Video
- 2017 Finalist – Canadian Special Event Industry – Best Event Photography
- 2017 Finalist – Calgary Event Awards
- 2016 Winner – Canadian Special Event Industry – Best Event Photography.
- 2016 Finalist – ILEA Esprit Awards, Best Event Photography
- 2015 Finalist – Canadian Special Event Industry – Best Event Photography.
- 2015 Winner – MPI Rising Star Award
- 2011 EPSON International Pano Awards – three images received bronze awards
- 2008 Alberta Institute for Wildlife Conservation’s ‘Wildlife in Motion’ category
- Received Photo of the Day and recognition for several other images in local competitions and online photography sites.